Discover Cavalier Cottage B&B, a pet-friendly home away from your home and an attractive alternative to conventional hotels, motels and B&B’s.
We warmly welcome visitors who come to this beautiful area of Western Massachusetts with or without their companion animals.
Now in its eighth year, Cavalier Cottage has clearly answered a need for genuinely pet-friendly accommodations. When I opened the cottage in 2012, I could not have imagined the variety of interesting people, and animals, I would meet!
Nestled at the base of the Charlemont hills and located on a very quiet country road, Cavalier Cottage is appointed with everything you’ll need to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable. More than one guest has commented that the cottage and its setting seem to have a special air of tranquility that works a kind of magic: Most pets settle right in with no sense of strangeness, and their human companions find themselves absorbing the atmosphere of peace in their surroundings.
That doesn’t mean there’s nothing to do in this very special corner of New England! The area is a four-season vacation destination, from foliage time in the autumn, through ski season into spring hiking time and summer holidays.
Cavalier Cottage is convenient to the scenic Mohawk Trail (Route 2) and many outdoor activities: There are great hiking trails, downhill and X-country skiing, snowshoeing, river rafting, tubing, zip line canopy tours, horseback riding, tennis, golf, biking, and rock climbing.
The beautiful Massachusetts countryside, with its many quaint villages and towns, is also home to a great variety of iconic educational and cultural destinations, including MassMoCa, the Clarke Institute of Art and the Williams College Art Museum and many more.
Cavalier Cottage, a cottage for all seasons, is perfect for week-long vacations, weekend or mid-week getaways, writer’s retreats, house-hunting visits, and temporary lodging for relocated executives.
We look forward to sharing our cozy and comfortable cottage with guests from around the world. Please feel free to contact us if you have any comments or questions.
A very warm greeting awaits all who visit Cavalier Cottage.
ALL breeds are welcome.
* There are NO additional fees for bringing pets.
* Dogs are totally unrestricted in the cottage.
* Dogs may be left alone in the cottage when you choose to go out without them. You may crate them if you so desire, but the Cottage does not require this. The owner is always more than delighted to check-in on pets if this makes a guest feel more comfortable.
* Dogs have the exclusive use of the adjoining garden and deck for hanging out.
* Beautiful Oxbow Road is a beautiful, quiet country road for dog walks.
* We have dog biscuits, dog bowls, dog bedding and a large wire crate (just in case you need one).